Important websites and phones numbers:
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233), 1-800-787-3224 TTY, or www.ndvh.org
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence Main Office - 303-839-1852, 303-839-8459 TTY, www.ncadv.org
- NCADV Public Policy Office · 1633 Q St NW # 210 · Washington, DC 20009 · (202) 745-1211, 202-745-
2042 TTY, Fax: (202) 745-0088 email@example.com
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center - 717-909-0710, 717-909-0715 TTY, www.nsvrc.org
- Face to Face, 800-842-4546, Fax 703-299-8898, www.facetofacesurgery.org works with NCADV (see above) to
help victims of domestic violence with facial injuries.
- RAINN Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network - 800-656-HOPE , www.rainn.org
- Rape Is - www.rapeis.org - information on topics related to rape and sexual assault as well as a clearing center for
online resources including national crisis hotlines and state coalitions working against sexual assualt
Crime Prevention Tips: A Common Sense Approach to Preventing Victimization, by Sheila Schneider, 1996 -- contents
included in this website.
The Gift of Fear, Survival Signals and Protecting the Gift, Keeping Children and Teenagers Safe (and Parents Sane).
Gavin de Becker. Little, Brown and Company, 1997. The Gift of Fear and Protecting the Gift are must reads for anyone
interested in developing your own healthy and possibly life saving internal intuitive radar.
Backlash, the Undeclared War Against American Women. Susan Faludi. Anchor Books Doubleday, 1991
Defend Yourself, Every Women's Guide to Safeguarding Her Life. Matt Thomas, Denise Loveday, Larry Strauss. Avon
Back Off! How to Confront and Stop Sexual Harassment and Harassers. Martha J. Langelan. Simon & Schuster, 1993
"ABC News Forum - Men, Sex & Rape." Hosted by Peter Jennings. May 1992
Resource Guide for Rabbis on Domestic Violence. Jewish Women International, Washington, DC, 1996.
"A Shield Against Violence," by Bart Jenssen, The Capital
American Hotel & Motel Association publication, 1993
Anne Arundel County Police Department nformation
Baltimore Police Department flyer
Citizens' Crime Prevention Handbook, The Broward County (Florida) Sheriff's Office
"Common-sense Approaches to Protect your Home from Burglars," by Associated Press, The Capital, December 25,
"Evaluating Self-Defense Classes," adapted from material provided by the National Coalition Against Sexual Assault,
Self Defense for Women course at Anne Arundel Community College
Shell Oil Company Auto Theft Prevention Book, by John Kessler
"Tips on Staying Safe," The Washington Post, January 9, 1994.
"A Senior's Guide to Crime Prevention," distributed by the Rocky River Police Department in Rocky River, Ohio